Our third annual PV Read-a-thon kicks off Jan 22nd ! We are asking students and families to focus on literacy and reading in order to raise important funds for the school library to buy books.
● All PV students will focus on reading. Each student will set a personal daily reading goal that encourages them to go beyond their current reading habits for these 14 days.
● Students are invited to seek donations from family and friends to help motivate them to meet their personal reading goal.
● The Pueblo Vista Parent Faculty Club is classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity organization, Tax I.D. 47-2197142.
● Participation of all students in the reading portion is encouraged. Sponsorship or donations are greatly appreciated but not mandatory.
Why is this Read-a-thon important?
● Our Read-a-thon is a win-win for PV students. The program and its activities motivate students to read more and achieve their reading goals, while raising money that helps to promote reading with new and exciting books for our students to enjoy. 100% of the funds collected will buy new Easy Readers, Non-Fiction and Fiction books for the school library.
Extra points for reading books in Spanish!!
What are Parents asked to do?
● Encourage your child to set a reasonable personal reading goal and support them each day to be successful in meeting it!
● Assist your child in collecting sponsors and record each sponsor on the Read-a-thon sponsor sheet.
● Track each successful day of reading from Jan 22-February 8 on the reading log provided
(initial each day completed), including weekends!
● After Feb 8th, collect all donations and place them inside the Read-a-thon envelope and return to your child’s teacher or the school office by February 11th !
You can donate online via PayPal or Checks payable to
Pueblo Vista PFC
1600 Barbara Dr
Napa, CA 94558
We appreciate your support and generosity!
Our goal is to raise enough funds to buy some amazing new books for the students to enjoy and to support their love of reading.
PV Teachers and Staff